History of the Churches of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association
by William Pankey
BEULAH BAPTIST CHURCH WEST ELIZABETH, ORGANIZED 1911
The Beulah Baptist Church, West Elizabeth, had its origin in a series of cottage prayer meetings conducted by five local missionaries. Following a revival meeting conducted by the Rev. C. A. Rockwell, the Beulah Baptist Mission was organized, March 1, 1911.
Frequent series of revival meetings have been conducted by various ministers. The membership has grown slowly. The pastor's salary in 1921 was only six dollars a week. The church was received into the Pittsburgh Baptist Association January 27, 1922.
The following ministers have served the church:
Rev. C. A. Rockwell (1910-1911), Rev. E. H. Leizure (1911-1912), Rev. O. M. McCracken (1912-1914), Rev. J. Hughes (1914), Rev. H. Bailey (1918- 1919), Rev. J. H. Hanson (1919-1922), Rev. Charles F. Ransbottom (1923-1925), Rev. S. M. Smith (1925- 1926), Rev. M. L. Champion (1926 ). The present membership is 137.
|Share This Page Using:||Tweet|
The Reformed Reader Home Page
Copyright 1999, The Reformed Reader, All Rights Reserved