History of the Churches of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association
by William Pankey
CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH, IRWIN, ORGANIZED 1902
This church was incorporated as the Welsh Baptist Church of Irwin, March 29, 1902. It was reincorporated as the Calvary Baptist Church of Irwin, October 7, 1911. It was located at that time on Walnut Street, Irwin. The church edifice now occupied by the congregation was purchased from the Primitive Methodist Church, October 30, 1912.
The following ministers have served the church:
Rev. Noah Fehl (1912-1923), Rev. Charles F. Smalley (1924-1931), Rev. H. E. White (1934), Rev. Henry W. Birch (1934-1937), Rev. Walter K. Mc-Culloch (1937 ).
The three present licentiates of the church are Dr. J. C. Mason, Mrs. Walter K. McCulloch and A. John Thomas. The membership is 329.
|Share This Page Using:||Tweet|
The Reformed Reader Home Page
Copyright 1999, The Reformed Reader, All Rights Reserved