History of the Churches of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association
by William Pankey
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, ALIQUIPPA, ORGANIZED 1910
The First Baptist church of Aliquippa was organized July 14, 1910. It was the outcome of missionary work (lone in the community by Rev. H. C. Gleiss and Miss Lena Colvin. Twenty-three members constituted the original organization. A house-to-house visitation resulted in the establishment of a Bible school, which grew eventually into the present church.
The parsonage was purchased in 1919. The present Sunday school membership is two hundred; the church membership, three hundred and sixty-four. A full schedule of activities is being carried on at the present time.
The following ministers have served the church:
Rev. Benjamin Steinson (1910-1912), Rev. Joshua Wills (1913-1916), Rev. Leroy Hall (1916-1917), Rev. L. B. Ford (1917-1927), Rev. E. C. Poole (1927 ).
|Share This Page Using:||Tweet|
The Reformed Reader Home Page
Copyright 1999, The Reformed Reader, All Rights Reserved