History of the Churches of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association
by William Pankey
GLASSPORT BAPTIST CHURCH, ORGANIZED 1907
The Glassport Baptist Church was organized January 13, 1907. The industrial development of the Glassport community has slowed down within recent years, resulting in the slow growth of the Baptist church. In 1907 the church was admitted to membership in the Pittsburgh Baptist Association. The present membership is seventy-seven.
The following ministers have served the church:
Rev. C. A. Wilson (1908), Rev. J. C. Longanecker (1910-1919), Rev. C. A. Downing (1922-1930), Rev. Frank S. Edge (1932-1935), Rev. Merle L. Champion (1936-1937), Rev. Frank S. Edge (1938 ).
|Share This Page Using:||Tweet|
The Reformed Reader Home Page
Copyright 1999, The Reformed Reader, All Rights Reserved