History of the Churches of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association
by William Pankey
INDUSTRY BAPTIST CHURCH, ORGANIZED 1882
The Industry Baptist Church was organized in the Industry public school building, April 9, 1882, with seventeen constituent members. Rev. J. K. Cramer, pastor of the Elizabeth Baptist Church, rendered valuable services to the group for a while. The church edifice was dedicated April 15, 1888, the dedicatory sermon being preached by Rev. J. K. Cramer. The church became a member of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association, May 5, 1885. The present membership is seventy-four.
The following ministers have served the church:
Rev. James Miller (1885-1886), Rev. John Birk (1886-1887), Rev. E. C. Weeks (1887-1888), Rev. A. J. Adams (1888-1891), Rev. S. A. Smith (1891-1892), Rev. A. Hare (1892-1893), Rev. C. M. Turner (1893-1895), Rev. Peter Cook (1897-1898), Rev. G. W. Gibson (1898-1900), Rev. E. K. Bailey (1902-1903), Rev. Thomas Thomas (1903-1907), Rev. Daniel E. Ewig (1909-1915), Rev. A. C. Downing (1915-1923), Rev. Frank Edge (1923-1926), Rev. Noah Fehl (1926-1934), Rev. Noah Fehl, Jr. (1934- 1935), Rev. Susanne Gouker (1935 ).
|Share This Page Using:||Tweet|
The Reformed Reader Home Page
Copyright 1999, The Reformed Reader, All Rights Reserved