History of the Churches of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association
by William Pankey
MIDWAY BAPTIST CHURCH, ORGANIZED 1873
The Midway Baptist church, Midway, located half-way between Pittsburgh and Steubenville, Ohio, was organized in the Panhandle Baptist Association in 1873. In 1888 the church became a member of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association. The present membership is fifty-nine.
The following ministers have served the church:
Rev. John Moses (1889-1892), Rev. A. J. King (1894-1901), Rev. D. Percy French (1902-1905), Rev. T. B. Marlin (1906-1915), Rev. C. F. Hamilton (1916), Rev. W. H. Perham (1917-1918), Rev. J. R. Rutledge (1919-1921), Rev. G. W. Scarberry (1922-1923), Rev. A. M. Gibson (1924), Rev. S. L. Cobb (1925-1929), Rev. J. Howard Hanson (1930-1931), Rev. John McEwan (1934), Rev. C. A. Biles (1936- ).
|Share This Page Using:||Tweet|
The Reformed Reader Home Page
Copyright 1999, The Reformed Reader, All Rights Reserved