History of the Churches of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association
by William Pankey
VANDERGRIFT BAPTIST CHURCH, ORGANIZED 1900
The Vandergrift Baptist Church was started as a mission, in 1899, and was organized as a church January 1, 1900. George E. Dawkins and Ernest Hartman entered the Christian ministry from this church. George Phillips and Mary Fishel also went out from it into Christian service. The present membership is 332.
The following ministers have served the church:
Rev. Clement Tomlinson (1900-1901), Eev. J. Sanford (1901-1903), Rev. Alexander Wilding (1903-1906), Rev. Herbert Grimwood (1906-1908), Rev. Walter Lindstrom (1908-1913), Rev. Joseph Breen (1914-1915), Rev. John Cameron (1916-1918), Rev. H. H. Hallowell (1919-1921), Rev. J. R. Campbell (1921-1925), Rev. B. F. Lloyd (1925-1928), Rev. Harry Rutchel (1928-1929), Rev. J. F. Brownlee (1929-1933), Rev. A. T. Wymore (1934- 1936), Rev. D. O. Slyter (1936- ).
|Share This Page Using:||Tweet|
The Reformed Reader Home Page
Copyright 1999, The Reformed Reader, All Rights Reserved